1 oysters originally from Long Island Sound but now from anywhere along the northeastern seacoast; usually eaten raw [syn: blue point]
2 small edible oyster typically from the southern shore of Long Island [syn: blue point]
A Blue point can be a couple different things. It is the name of several capes, cliffs and summits in the United States. Several companies also use the name.
- Bluepoint Linux Software Corp.
- Blue Point, Illinois
- Blue Point, New York
- Blue Point, Maine
- Blue point oyster - A type of oyster named after the place in New York
- Blue point - A color pattern of some Siamese cats
- Blue Point Brewing Company
- Bluepoint Institute of Higher Technology Foundation
- Blue Point The local name for a west facing point on Lake Huron 30 km north of Sarnia also known as Harris Point on old maps
- Blue Point is also a sub-brand of Snap-On Tools
- Blue Point - a takeway restaurant in Evington, Leicester